We are back! Did you miss me? I think that is the longest “break” I’ve had from blogging since…well, since our last vacation. Which, I guess wasn’t really that long ago, it just seems like it was.
I do feel like I have been sort of “phoning it in” for the past few weeks by posting photos instead of really writing. And since I don’t want to break precedence – I’m going to post a few photos, bullet point the weekend happenings, and then call it a night.
- The flight/trip back to Michigan was completely uneventful and do I dare say, “fast”? It went very quickly and we didn’t even have to bring out all of the airplane diversions.
- J. is now a major celebrity in our hometown. He is the 2008 Distinguished Alumni of LHS. He did a fantastic job on his speech – it was funny and insightful. I was (am!) very proud of him – and as Em would say, “he is so handsome to me” – I mean check him out all decked out…
(Signing autographs, of course.)
- We got to spend some good time with my sister, Meesh and her gorgeous girls. Emma and Madey were inseparable the entire weekend. We had a major meltdown when they parted ways and took separate cars home from dinner on Saturday.
- My poor parents had all of these girls running around their house for four days straight…
(I figure they will need at least this week to recuperate. Thanks Mom & Dad!)
- We had a big 50th Birthday party for Bill. Debby (my mother-in-law) was able to pull off the “surprise” despite all kinds of curveballs that she had not anticipated.
(I think he had a good time. I also had a good time – although I may have tarnished my good reputation a wee bit. I certainly shocked my Mom. I’ll have to think on whether to post about those shenanigans or not!)
- We watched my brother-in-law’s baseball team while they unfortunately lost their Districts playoff game. The girls had a great time playing under the bleachers. Yes, Emma is filling her pockets with a “rock collection” and Madey looks like she is about to tell on her.
- I got in “good” with my youngest niece Ella, and we were pals by the time I left on Sunday. How did I do this? I “caught” the ball that I had found for her in Target about eleventy-billion times. But man it was so worth it. Her laugh is seriously contagious.
- All in all, pretty good trip. We were delayed for a few hours on the way back – but a big nap for Addie in the middle of the flight made it very tolerable.
- I was still unable to successfully capture a good photo of all of the cousins, though.
Maybe next time.